On May 9, 2011 Dee's ministry at Berea First Baptist Church came to an end and our family began the "Unexpected Adventure" of building a bridge to a new future. Through this blog, we invite you to share this journey with us.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

What Are You Doing Now?

Since ending my ministry at Berea First, I've become surprisingly busy. 

From June 5 until July 31, I will preach and give pastoral support to the Parisview Baptist Church.  These good folks are at a transition time in their lives too, so I look forward to sharing faith and friendship with them while we all seek God's guidance and grace for the future. 

Beginning August 22, and until December 5, I will be teaching at North Greenville University's T. Walter Brashier Graduate School.  I'm researching and designing a new course for students in the Master of Christian Ministry program, a course to prepare local ministers and staff members to counsel people preparing for marriage and those facing marriage problems.  If I ask Linda to list all of the things I've done wrong as a husband, I'll have most of the course planned. 

Between now and September 15, I am writing adult Sunday School lessons for Lifeway Christian Publishing.  These five lessons on the Sermon on the Mount will be studied by churches in September of 2012.  I love to write Bible study material and could not have been offered a better text to study and teach, so this project will bring me a great deal of joy. 

More important than any of these, Linda and I have enjoyed time to talk about our lives, our marriage, our values, our faith, and our future.  Dreaming again has drawn us closer to each other and to the Lord.  I look forward to seeing what He will do.  In the meantime, I'm blessed to have so many good things to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment