On May 9, 2011 Dee's ministry at Berea First Baptist Church came to an end and our family began the "Unexpected Adventure" of building a bridge to a new future. Through this blog, we invite you to share this journey with us.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

New Beginnings

Sunday will be a day of new beginnings for our family.  My son-in-law, Joshua Davison, on the same day that he celebrates his one-year wedding anniversary, will begin his first pastorate as he begins his service at Bethel Baptist Church in Monetta, SC.  I had the joy of moderating Josh's ordination council and his ordination service on May 15.  (I had to resist the temptation to ask Josh, during his ordination council, "How often do you promise to bring my grandson to see me?") He and Elizabeth have been very busy moving to Monetta and getting their home in Greenwood ready to put on the market.  I know that they would welcome your prayers as they begin this new chapter of their lives and then, in about eight weeks, become parents for the first time. 
My little girl is now a pastor's wife.  If she will remember her mom's example, she'll do just fine. 

June 5 is also the day I begin preaching at Parisview Baptist Church.  These folks have been so welcoming and affirming that I am truly excited about the opportunity to worship and work with them for a while.  If you need a church family to love you or even a safe harbor during a spiritual storm in your life, I know that you would be more than welcomed at Parisview.  My first message to them?  "You Can Begin Again."  That seems to be the theme of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment